29 april 2014

Fiona Ackerman #2


Fiona Ackerman: TIME ENOUGH FOR EVERYTHING – (Atelier Alexander Seiler), 2012.


Fiona Ackerman: WOMAN BY A WINDOW – (Atelier Alexander Seiler), 2012.


Fiona Ackerman: INVASION – (Atelier Gregor Hiltner), 2011.


Fiona Ackerman: WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID IS STILL NOT ENOUGH – (Atelier Gregor Hiltner), 2011.


Fiona Ackerman: PARADIS – (Atelier Luc Paradis), 2012. (bron: Fiona Ackerman, Studio Paintings)

"....
SM: So you’ve been vis­it­ing other artist’s stu­dios for a while and con­tinue to do so. What do you achieve through these vis­its? What’s avail­able at another artists’ stu­dio that may not be avail­able at your own?

FA: Well it started in my own stu­dio a few years ago; I started a project where I was doing all these abstract paint­ings and I decided to pull out dif­fer­ent reoc­cur­ring sym­bols in the paint­ings and put them on their own sheets. I’d been sit­ting in my stu­dio with all this work that I’d been star­ing at for months and months, and I felt tired of look­ing at it. I didn’t par­tic­u­larly want to talk about it either. I had this big blank wall and I just started to put up all these sheets that I’d col­lected to just see how they looked. That kind of launched me into this whole idea of paint­ing my envi­ron­ment as I build it, in my stu­dio. So, then I took those sheets and ended up going into this whole series of paint­ings based on paint­ing those sheets which led me into paint­ing my stu­dio, because I moved away from the wall and looked at the whole envi­ron­ment. Then I really started to use that up a lot, where I felt I was kind of wring­ing it out where it was sat­u­rat­ing itself.

At this point I went to Ger­many to visit my father who’s also a painter. I vis­ited his stu­dio and took some pho­tos of his space, which grew into more paint­ings of his space. Then it became an inter­est­ing chal­lenge. Going into oth­ers spaces, it’s not always obvi­ous what I can bring into their world that is of my world. So I go in and see what I can find, then I bring it back to my stu­dio and work it out and trans­form it into some­thing of my own.'
...." (bron: SadMag)

> Fiona Ackerman

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten